Our Massage Therapists work closely with our physical therapists to help you receive the best care possible. TCO provides massage therapy at our Eden Prairie location. Massage is a great health care complement for those in recovery, rehabilitation or with muscle tension or soreness. Massage after a procedure or injury is beneficial and important in the recovery process. Massage Therapy increases circulation which helps pump more oxygen and nutrients into the tissue for quicker recovery time. Massage also helps relax muscles, leading to a decrease in pain intensity.
The American College of Physicians recommends Massage Therapy as a regular treatment option in people suffering from low back pain, one of the leading causes people seek medical attention. Recently highlighted by the 2016 Summer Olympics, more and more athletes are seeking Massage Therapy as a way to complement their training regime. Regular Massage Therapy has been shown to increase range of motion, decrease muscle stiffness and fatigue after exercise, improve exercise performance and decrease delayed onset muscles soreness among other things in athletes competing at various levels. Low back pain and athletic performance are only two areas of many that Massage Therapy can benefit, including chronic injuries and illnesses.
For more information and research on the benefits of Massage Therapy, check out the American Massage Therapy Association website amtamassage.org
To schedule your Massage Therapy appointment, click here.
Specific techniques that our Massage Therapists provide:
- Deep Tissue
- Trigger Point
- Sports Massage
- Cranial Sacral
- Myofascial Release
- Stress/muscle Tension
- Swedish Massage
Sports Massage Benefits
- Reduce muscle tension
- Help athletes monitor muscle tone
- Promote relaxation
- Reduce muscle hypertonicity
- Increase range of motion
- Improve soft tissue function
- Support recovery from the transient immunosuppression state
- Support the recovery of heart rate variability and diastolic blood pressure after high-intensity exercise.
- Decrease muscle stiffness and fatigue after exercise
- Improve exercise performance
- Decrease delayed onset muscle soreness
- Be the most efficient intervention for maintaining maximal performance time in subsequent exercise tests when combined with active recovery from maximal exercise
- Reduce serum creatine kinase post exercise
- Reduce swelling
- Reduce breathing pattern disorders
- Enhance athletic performance
- May help prevent injuries when massage is received regularly
For the first available appointment:
Call a nearby Twin Cities Orthopedics location and select a specific time to discuss your medical concern
with an available physician. To find the location closest to you,
For a specific physician:
First, find your desired physician. Next, call the physician’s “Appointment Info” number to schedule the
appointment time. To begin, click here.
Submit an Appointment Request Form:
Request an appointment with a specific physician. Request forms are typically reviewed within one business
day of submission. To complete the form,
Request an Appointment
Pay Your Bill
To quickly and easily pay your bill online, click here
Customer Service Department
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
Fax: (952) 512-5651
For urgent medical advice or concerns, please contact your clinic directly.
For medical emergencies, please dial 911.
Note that it may take more than one business day to respond to requests made through e-mail.